August 2020

August 2020

  

 

I have been receiving palliative care this month and I am getting weaker.  I can no longer walk, so my family helped me get up to my chair and back to bed every day, and then even that became too difficult and I stayed in bed. 

 

I am thankful I no longer have back pain or chest pain.  I am still enjoying small meals, although I am eating less and I need to eat soft foods.  I still enjoy mint iced tea!

 

I know the end is near and I am ready.  I am very thankful my family is taking such good care of me.  They are very attentive.  Thank you for all your warm thoughts and wishes, your concern and your love.  I am so grateful for my dear family and friends.

 

*My sister Bev helped me compose this blog.

 

Ryan dropped in with a Tim Horton's hot chocolate which I enjoyed very much.   

 
 
My friend Colleen dropped in for a visit.
 

We were so happy when visiting restrictions lifted and my Mom could visit my Dad at Bethesda Place.  They were thrilled to see each other in person again.

It is always fun to spend time with Charlotte.

I love seeing my grandchildren.  They are entertaining and bring me much joy and happiness.

 

 
Missy helping me with dinner.
 
My Mom visits every week.  It is so good to see her and we have very special visits.
 

My family removed the dining room table and the living room sofa to make room for my hospital bed.  I am never alone.  

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 2020