July 2020

July 2020

 

 

On Friday, July 3, I saw Dr. Pitz at Cancer Care to discuss my treatment and the plan going forward.  We made the decision to discontinue chemotherapy and to start the palliative care process.

 

I met with the Palliative Care nurse on Wednesday, July 15, and now have all the equipment I need to stay home as long as possible.  I had another fall and am not able to walk anymore.  I have been experiencing a lot of back pain and chest pain.  Heat compresses, ice packs, massage, painkillers and regular chiropractic visits have helped my back pain, and I now only have pain when I get in and out of bed.  We have figured out the chest pain is related to sores in my mouth and esophagus, and I am getting medications to help with that.  I have to be very careful what I eat, but am still hungry all the time and enjoy eating the food that I can tolerate.  Mint iced tea is now my new favorite drink!

 

I have enjoyed spending a few weekends at the cottage this month, but am now staying home.  My family is taking good care of me and I am so grateful for everything they do.  I am not able to use my cellphone much anymore, but would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the text messages of love and encouragement. 

 

*My sister Bev helped me compose this blog.

 

 

My family helped me get down to the dock so we could enjoy a boat ride on a beautiful warm calm sunny afternoon at the cottage.

My sister Bev and I decided to pop popcorn, pour a coke and watch a movie at 11:00 in the morning!  It was fun watching a good comedy.

 

My beautiful grandchildren - Finn and Molly. 

 

It was great chatting with Stephanie and Charlotte while Bev gave me a manicure. 

  Visiting my Dad outside.  

I was so grateful for the opportunity to see my whole family together…my parents my sisters and my brother.  

I enjoyed delicious lemon cookies and mint iced tea with my Mom and sisters. 

My friend Gayle came for a visit – we are still being very careful and using face masks and hand sanitizer. 

I am so thankful that my family can now visit me – Ryan, Missy, Finn and Molly.

 

My sister-in-law Michele and my father-in-law Bill dropped in for a visit.

I was happy to see Ari again.      

 

Comments

  1. I love reading your posts Chris, you are always an inspiration. You have such a beautiful family. All of the the Procter's are sending you our love and prayers. xoxox Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though ee haven't talked much in years, you are never far from the heart

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

August 2020