May 2020


My blood test on Friday, May 1, showed that my blood platelets had gone up to 115. I was glad that I could now carry on with my chemotherapy. On May 6, my body had strong chemotherapy drugs. I slept a lot during the day and found that my eyesight was getting worse. On May 12, I went for a walk outside around my block and ended up falling to the ground as my body could not stay standing on its own. This caused my face and hands to get hurt. I now am careful to workout with machines that keep me safe. I have become very weak but continue to work out as best as I can. Sadly, I fell again May 29, which has now moved me to walking with a walker. I don't want to fall again. My blood test on May 27, showed that my blood platelets had gone down to 28. I spoke with my doctor on May 29, and talked about going to an MRI more quickly. I now will have another MRI test on June 1, get blood work done June 3, and on June 5, discuss with Dr. Pitz how to move forward. It will be interesting to see where I am at now and how I will continue.

When the weather has been nice I have had the opportunity to see my family and friends outside on decks and driveways. I continue to work at home. I have finished working on lots of paper work in the basement, and am now working on my many CDs and memory sticks which I don’t need anymore. I am very tired these days so I sleep a lot during the day.
 

 Enjoying a warm, sunny day with family.
 
 Injuries after my first fall.

Teen Burgers, Root Beers, and Peanut Buster Parfaits.
YUM! Lunch with my mom and my sisters.
 
Starting my new life with a walker.

Comments

  1. Hi Christine,

    I'm not sure you remember me, you were my gym teacher and basketball coach at W.C. Miller Collegiate in Altona MB when I was in grade 10 and 11, so that would have been around 1986-1987.
    I've been following your blog for awhile and finally found the time to sit and write a few lines. I just wanted to let you know how much I admire your spirit and fight through all of this, and being able to finish your PH.D, wow! Amazing! Thinking of you.

    Kelly Klassen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July 2020

August 2020