Gamma Knife Surgery - May 2019


May 10, 2019, I met with Dr. Pitz who told me that the MRI of May 6 confirmed that I have another small brain tumour. I was immediately taken off of the research study I had been on for the past year, and the plan was to put me back on chemotherapy drugs. He showed me a picture of a small tumour that is quite close to my previous two surgeries.

On May 17, I met with Dr. Kakumanu, my original cancer doctor. Now that I am off of the research study I am back to seeing him on a regular basis. We discussed using gamma knife surgery to remove my small tumour.

On Tuesday, May 28, I met with Dr. Kaufmann to discuss this procedure. After discussing my options I felt reassured and ready to face this next step in my fight against cancer. My gamma knife surgery took place May 30 at the HSC. We left early as I had to arrive by 5:45 a.m. I was grateful that my husband and sister Bev accompanied me. I had two doctors and two nurses prepare me for the procedure. They put four bolts into my head and placed a halo to immobilize my head during the procedure. I then went for an MRI prior to the gamma knife surgery. Everything went smoothly. I am grateful that I am recovering well and feeling good. In two months I will be going for a follow up MRI.
 
 My husband and my sister Bev joined me
when I met with Dr. Pitz on May 10.
 
 On May 17 my sister Bev and my husband
came with me to meet with Dr. Kakumanu.
 
 My gamma knife surgery took place May 30.
I had to be at the HSC at 5:45 a.m.
 
 It was a bit painful when a halo was attached
to my head with four bolts.
 
 I was happy to be home by 10:00 a.m.
 
It was wonderful spending time with
my sister Bev. 
 
It felt good sitting in the
sunshine in the afternoon.
 

Comments

  1. I am grateful that I have known you. I am Jonghee from Korea who, long time ago, studied with you at UM. You invited me, a foreign stranger, to your sweet home and introduced me to your whole family. ~~~~ And when I am lost in decision making, I think of you. How you will do, what you will do?
    I am happy to hear from you! June in Korea is shining, too.

    From Seoul

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July 2020

August 2020