February 2019

 In the month of February 2019, I took my liquid drugs for two weeks then ended up having to take two weeks off. After my first week off my blood levels were still a little low so I had to take another week off. After my two weeks off I started my liquid drugs again on March 1, 2019. I am grateful that I now only have to stay off of my drugs for one to two weeks as opposed to five weeks which happened in the past when I was also taking chemo drugs. On February 15 I had an MRI, then met Dr. Pitz on February 22. I was so happy when I found out that the shadow they detected on my last MRI has disappeared. The tumour itself has shrunk some more so there is just a small amount left in my brain. That truly is amazing!

As always, I have had a great month with family and friends. My mom is doing much better. My dad struggles at times but is also doing very well. I am so grateful that they continue to hang in there. I go visit them and stay with them as much as I can. The Grannies Gone Global board meeting went well. I am thrilled that two wonderful leaders have taken over. The day after my meeting with Dr. Pitz my husband told me that he would like to take me away for a one week holiday. I shouted for joy! He is happy to take me on a short holiday down south to celebrate how well I am doing. We have had a cold winter this year so I am excited that I can be warm for a week. Woohoo! Life is good!

 I took my nephew Mark out for lunch on his work day.
We had a great conversation.
He is a wonderful man!
 
 My friend Colleen and I went to a Jets hockey game.
We had a great time! We now have the same Jets jersey's!
 
 At my friend's funeral I met these amazing people...
 
 ...I had worked with at St. John's High School.
 
 I was thrilled when I was told that my
tumour had shrunk again!
 
 My nurse Jamie does wonderful work for me.
I am so grateful!
 
 Having fun playing with my grandson Finn.
 
 I took my daughter-in-law Missy shopping for her birthday.
 
We took my beautiful granddaughter
Molly along with us.
 
 It always is wonderful visiting my dad.
I love him so much!
 
My sister Bev and I took our cousin Monica
out for dinner. We had a wonderful time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 2020

July 2020